Isle of Man News - POSTED Thu 05-01-2017

Kitchen Fire in Union Mills

by IOM Fire & Rescue Service

Fire Services were call to a property in Cronk Drine, Union Mills yesterday evening.

The occupier had reported a fire in the kitchen of the property. On arrival crews found the building heavily smoke logged, the occupier had got out of the building safely and was being supported by neighbours. A team of BA wearers with a hose reel quickly located the fire in the kitchen and extinguished it.

The property had to be cleared of smoke, damage was confined to the kitchen area and smoke logging throughout the building, the cause was accidental. Crews remained in attendance for about 30 minutes.

The building was fitted with smoke alarms which all operated giving that early warning; smoke alarms don’t just save lives they help to reduce the impact of any potential fire.

Bringing You Isle of Man News and Sports Items


Send your press releases to: webmaster@manx.net
Got a news story: Contact Joanne Clague on 340000 or email newsdesk@manx.net
For MTTV news: contact Paul Moulton on 310000 or email news@manx.net

Service Status Virus Scan